Callum served 24 years with the British Army, and upon leaving worked in the Oil sector as an Operations Coordinator and then as a Housing & Training Support worker for a local Charity in the Black Isle and Inverness. Being from a service background he understands the need for effective community involvement at Local Government level. Callum always puts the needs of others before his own self-interests. He is one of the Councillors for Ward 15, Inverness Ness-side.
Callum sits on the following Highland Council committees and other groups and boards:
- City of Inverness Area Committee
- Health, Social Care and Wellbeing Committee
- Highland Licensing Board
- Highland Licensing Committee
- South Planning Applications Committee (Substitute)
- Hilton Community Centre Management Board
- Inverness Area Sports Council
- Town Twinning Committee
- Board Member Raddery Trust
- Highland Reserve Forces and Cadets Association
- Member RBL Inverness Branch
He is also a Black Belt instructor in two martial art disciplines
The Highland Council webpage for Callum Smith is at https://www.highland.gov.uk/councillors/74/callum_smith.