Scottish Conservative & Unionist MSP
Originally from Achnacarry in Lochaber, Donald was educated at the University of Oxford before going on to work at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC – a think-tank specialising in international relations.
Returning to the UK to study law, he qualified as an Advocate at the Scottish Bar in 2005. He practised across Scotland focussing on public, agricultural and crofting law, appearing in the Court of Justice of the European Union, the Supreme Court, the Court of Session (Inner and Outer Houses) and the Scottish Land Court. He also helps manage the family farming and holiday business.
Since 2016, Donald has fought for the issues that matter to people across the Highlands and Islands Region, and he has been a staunch defender of the United Kingdom
Donald’s top priorities for Argyll and Bute include:
- Replace the A83 Rest and Be Thankful. The SNP have wasted your money on short-term fixes that haven’t worked. I will deliver long-term change.
- Ferry services for local communities that are reliable and affordable and meet the needs of residents and businesses.
- Restore standards in Scottish education and recruit 3000 additional teachers in schools across Scotland, including extra teachers in Argyll and Bute.
- Access to reliable superfast broadband and 4G for every home and business, and ensure that no community is left behind.
- Deliver fair funding for Argyll and Bute, and bring an end to years of SNP cuts to our local services and communities.
Follow Donald on Facebook at @DonaldForArgyllAndBute and on Twitter at @DAJCameron where you can see his campaign updates.