Join the Scottish Conservatives as we build Scotland’s real alternative to the failed SNP.
Your membership contribution is at your discretion but we recommend a contribution of £25 per year.
How to join:
1. Make a donation by clicking the above button. You do not need a paypal account; you can click the "pay with Debit/Credit card" option. Paypal is a recognised and safe money transfer site.
2. Email us on email@example.com to let us know you've paid.
3. We will confirm your membership and email you; you'll then be a member of the Highland Conservative & Unionist association.
You can add a note to your donation in the PayPal window to tell us if it is for membership, and if so, for which existing members or new members. For existing members renewing please include your membership number(s), or use the contact details on the website to advise us of your renewal - the best option is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you have made a renewal payment via the "Pay or Donate" PayPal button.
Paying the HCUA via our PayPal account reduces our Association operating costs and workload, and makes sure that as much as possible of your Membership fees and donations is kept here in the Highlands to support our campaigns and Election work. If your are willing to also pay the PayPal transaction fee (about £1 for a £25 membership) then please tick the "Add £ to cover the fees" box in the PayPal window: we really appreciate your help in doing that.
The best way to support our work is to make a recurring monthly donation. This will give us the funds for social media, print media, leafletting, and canvassing campaigning from Wick to Fort William and everywhere in between.
If you make a regular donation and want to change the amount, please get in contact with the Office on 01463 233986, by email at email@example.com, or visit us at 109 Church Street, Inverness IV1 1EY.
Thank you for donating.
Scottish Conservative Party Terms and Conditions of Membership.
What you Membership gets you:
- Elect candidates for seats throughout Scotland – At both parliamentary and local government elections
- Vote in Party leadership elections – Choose who you want to represent you
- Help shape the Party’s future – Through the Scottish Conservative Policy Conventions and Scottish Policy Forums
- Get the latest Scottish Conservative news – With regular member updates
- Be invited to Party Conference – Join our MSPs, MPs, councillors and activists at the Scottish Conservative Party Conference
- Connect with local Conservatives – As a member, you’ll become part of your local Association so you can support local campaigns and attend social events with members just like you
Membership Terms and Conditions:
- Application for membership of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party is subject to review by the Party and its Constituency Associations before final approval. Final approval of on-line or central applications, or non-approval, will be communicated to the applicant in writing as soon as possible after the application is made.
- Applications will not be considered where the applicant is a member under suspension or is a former member currently expelled from the Party.
- If donating more than £500 the donor must be registered on the electoral roll at the time of the donation.
- Please note that in the case of a leadership election you are required to be a member of three months standing in order to be able to qualify.
- Existing members and new members are bound by the following obligations:
* To pay an annual contribution
* To be bound by and abide by the Party Constitution and any rules or codes of conduct made or approved by the Management Board.
* To sustain and promote the objects and values of the Party.
* To do nothing, including declaring opinions, which is in conflict with the Code of Conduct of the Party or is likely to bring the Party into disrepute.
* Not to bully, abuse, victimise, harass or unlawfully discriminate against others.
* Not to misuse or abuse social media as defined in the Code of Conduct.
* Not to become a member or supporter of any other political party nor a supporter of any candidate of such a party.
Obligations under the Political Party Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA)
Under the Political Party Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA) you must be on the electoral register in the UK excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man in order to make a donation of more than £500.
If you donate more than £7,500 to the Party, we are obliged under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000 to report such a donation to the Electoral Commission, who will publish the fact that you have made a donation over £7,500. For more information, please see http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/
The information you provide will be used for these purposes only, and will be used only by the Conservative Party, including its candidates, representatives and associations. We will not give your information to anyone else.
The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party reserves the right to not accept a donation or application for membership.