Scottish Conservative & Unionist MSP for the Highlands and Islands
Since 2016 Edward has campaigned successfully to protect the Union and improve health care, education, and infrastructure across the region.
So far he has travelled over 60,000 miles across the Highlands, helping over 7,000 constituents, holding over 1,100 meetings and over 400 advice surgeries.
Edward’s top priorities for the Highlands and Islands are:
- Relentlessly stand up for and help constituents.
- Support, protect and enhance NHS Highland and reduce waiting times.
- Create more jobs and rebuild the Highland economy.
- Deliver better links to the Highlands by improving broadband, roads, rail, buses and air links.
- Bring real-life experience and a common sense approach to Scottish politics.
Before entering politics Edward enjoyed a long career as a soldier. He joined the army in 1980 and his military service took him to Cyprus, Uganda, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, Spain and Egypt. Edward left the army in 1992 but continued to serve as a reservist for a further six years.
After leaving the army, Edward went on to qualify as a chartered surveyor in 1997, becoming a senior partner for a firm based in Inverness in 2006.
In 2007, Edward returned home to farm and runs a herd of 180 pedigree Simmentals and grows 300 acres of barley.